making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Tuesday Night Ikea Beautification Project

This Fall I am re-organzing/re-decorating Knittah Headquarters (i.e., my bedroom/workspace). I decided it would be a better idea to give my existing furniture a makeover rather than buy new things - you know, make all my cheap-ass Ikea crap look a bit more special. I started with the bookcases. I was tempted to buy some fancy, black and white Damask wallpaper but this wasn't really an option since I needed very little for this project and not a whole roll. Luckily, I found the cutest leaf-printed gift wrap (a Sukie design - damn I love that stuff) today at Red Pegasus. It took about three and a half sheets to cover the inside of the case, and (with the help of some spray-on adhesive) the whole project took fifteen minutes! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Next up is a Fira chest that needs to be taken care of.

1 comment:

angelune said...

wowie, this looks good! you should submit to Ikea-Hacker, or design*sponge...