making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Monday, January 23, 2012

Sorry, Tsumori.

It was crappy and rainy in Toronto today - a pretty lame welcome to the Lunar New Year if you ask me. I decided to celebrate by digging out my most dragon-like scraps of leather. I've been meaning to knock off this Tsumori Chisato wallet I saw in Tokyo a couple years ago. It was $200 and I couldn't justify spending that much on a wallet that would never even hold that much money. I left it behind, trusting my best friend Genevieve (who I was visiting at the time) to grab it for me if it ever went on sale. It never did. And I haven't stopped thinking about it. This isn't exactly the one I wanted, but it's close: Cute, huh? Yeah. While I'm not nearly skilled enough to make a wallet, I thought for sure I could manage a little cell phone case (to replace this awesome one I lost last summer). So with those scraps and some gold vinyl, I proceeded to channel my Chisato.The stitching is really quite awful, but it's totally doing the trick for now. Rainy days are good for ripping shit off.

4 comments:

insideouttokyo said...

Who knows who Tsumori Chisato ripped off? It's all prologue.

Ghostface Knittah said...

True dat.

neonfoxtongue said...

Nicely done! Is this why you wanted to know about leather and fusible web?

Ghostface Knittah said...

Yup! And it works!