making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Monday, September 13, 2010

Read&Write: George Murray

Five years was twenty years ten years ago.
Just about the time I started this project, poet George Murray was putting the final touches on his latest project, Glimpse, a book of selected aphorisms published by ECW Press. Another case of perfect timing! George was kind enough to send me the proofs of his book and let me choose whichever aphorism I wanted. I didn't realize how overwhelming this task would be, as the book is full of pencil poem potential! (Glimpse is out now and I highly suggest you pick it up). I settled on the one above because it very accurately describes how I've been feeling these days. I turn thirty this year (I know, how did this happen?!), and never before have I been so conscious of time - how I've spent it and what I'm going to do with what's left of it. One thing I spend a lot of time doing is reading Bookninja - undoubtedly the best literary site in the world, founded and published by Mr. Murray. Some people watch the news or read the newspaper or listen to the radio to find out about the world and arm themselves with knowledge. I read Bookninja. And if you don't, then you should start.

No comments: