making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 32: Fun with Faux Bois

Friends, I've been in a funk. A royal funk supreme. Perhaps you've noticed, since I totally have not been blogging. And I haven't been blogging because I haven't been making. I'm sure everyone goes through a slump once in a while, right? This particular slump has lasted an entire month. I thought maybe I should take a break, pack up the craft supplies and do something else for a while (Nothing, for instance; I'd love to do a whole lot of Nothing right about now), but with three shows coming up in June (three!), this isn't an option. So, here I am, updating this silly little blog with things I worked on over a month ago. This faux bois sticky paper was a lucky dollar store find in April (along with two other woodgrain patterns). I cut out some circles, and then punched oak leaves out of them: And used both the circles and leaf-punchings to decorate Old Weston gift boxes. Such an easy and inexpensive (one dollar! Not even, since I used only a tiny bit of the roll) way to prettify and personalize packaging.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is a great idea!!! Looks very professional and still unique!