making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 27: Dolla, Dolla Bill Y'all!

So guess what? G-Uknit turned a year old today! So much has happened since I started this silly blog - I've met lots of new people, made lots of new things, and learned lots of new skills and techniques. Thank you all for reading and spending a little time with me. This past year has also been a busy one for Old Weston Handmade Wonders, in that I think I've actually gone and started a legitmate bidnis. And being a business woman means you gots to be organized. And being organized is way easier when you have a cute filing cabinet. Unfortunately, buying new stuff isn't really an option these days (no money, no space to put stuff), so I've decided to explore small, inexpensive ways to improve what I've already got, and make some of my more boring possessions a bit more special. After a trip to the dollar store, I was able to transform my undergrad-era filing cabinet into this pretty little thing: One roll of that sticky "Magic Cover" was more than enough to prettify the outside of the cabinet, and it took a whopping three minutes to do. Stay tuned for more dolla, dolla bill makeovers!

No comments: