making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week 31: Finding Time

Some days, I wake up real early.
Like, 3 a.m. early.
And feverishly get to work, assembling little bits and bobs until it's time to toddle off to the bookstore or do whatever else life demands of me that day. Unfortunately, this means that by four in the afternoon I'm ready to pack it in. But when I get home and see the fruits of my early morning labour, I can't wait to get back at it.
I filled all the little holes in these bits of lace with beads (turquoise and garnets) and crystals. They make me think of weddings - there sure have been a lot of 'em this year (hooray Jenny and Maya!), with a couple more yet to come (hooray Em & Tammy!) - and also of princesses. Not that I'm a princess or anything. But it's nice to know that I could be, if I wanted to.

No comments: